Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mailbox clutter!

  Everyday I start my morning off with a cup of coffee then I look at my emails. Some days it is so crowded that it takes me an hour to go through them because I read almost everyone. Don't get me wrong, I like getting emails because it lets me know that people are out there and some want to share information with me just as I want to share information to them. Some just want to chat, that is good!
Some are trying to sell me this or that. It seems like a lot of people are making money off the Internet. That is good for them, I chose to use the Internet as a means to contact people all over the world and get to know them a little better. I of course have to mention sometime or another about my books. After all, what is a writer without readers. I know most of my contacts are with other writers and they have no desire to read my books but to tell me about their book. That is okay, I listen! We each have to do our part as Indie writers to get the word out about our books, if we don't who will especially those of us that can't afford to pay to have someone else to do it for us. As people slowly get to recognize our name, then someone will mention to someone else they read one of the books and they mention it to another, then we become slightly known instead of just another unknown author.
  Those that jump on the Indie Publishing bandwagon expecting to get rich, just remember it happens to a very few of us and that it takes time to get known out here in the Internet world. You have to be the tortoise plugging along unless you have a lot of money to throw out there and put ads everywhere and hope you get good reviews or pay someone to review them so people might buy them quickly but remember one thing! Most authors going this route never make back what they spend to try to sell their books. I read those that are successful at getting notice unless they are selected by Amazon if it is an ebook to be featured your sales will be modest at the best. But remember, there is that one in a million chance you might become the next number one seller so just hang in there and keep writing!
  So here is today's plug! A mystery book that is written by a snake with so many twists and twists along with who knows how many who did suspects that keeps you in suspense check out "Brandi's Nightmare" http://www.amazon.com/dp/1482069747 or for just the ebook on kindle check out at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B50XLFU for all those mystery/suspense readers out there!      Talk back to me, I'm Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment