Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Crossroads

There comes a time in every writer's writing career that they sit back and wonder whether their writing is good enough. After being stung by what I thought at the time was a traditional publisher where I signed a contract for seven years, thank goodness the contracts will end in 2019, I went the Indie route on the rest of my books. Being a writer, I can't stop writing. Just the other day I was sitting down with my wife and mentioned the outline of a new book. She remarked that I hadn't even finished Planet of the Midnight Mist along with the sequel to "A Stranger Comes Crawling" both her favorite books. She can never stop talking to people about "A Stranger Comes Crawling" because of the strange ending of book one. It blew her mind when she read it and said that I need to push this book more so I did. For the month of August, I have dropped the price on Amazon and Smashwords to 99 cents and offered a ten percent discount on the paperback using this code 56YZ78VV on Createspace for those that prefer paperbacks. This made her happy doing this because she believes that the more people that read the book, they will love it!
Speaking of my wife, she had been on Valium for eleven years for panic attacks and didn't realize that it was so hard to get off it. The withdrawal effects have been very bad. I am hopeful this week is the peak of the withdrawal effects since she dropped down to 1 milligram twice a day. She will hold at this level for fourteen days then drop to 1/2 milligram twice per day for fourteen days then quit altogether. Her body is fighting hard not wanting to accept the fact that it is no longer going to depend on this drug. Going from 6 milligrams per day to 4 milligrams was not that hard but when she dropped down to 2 milligrams, her body rebelled and she is having a rough go of it. Like I said, she will drop to 1 milligram a day in another few days. It is not easy on those that love her especially me. She is unable to walk some days and I have to hold her up to do things. Her legs don't want to support her and with vertigo on top of that, it makes for a very trying day for both of us. But she is determined to get of this addictive drug and get her life back. I will do whatever it takes to help her even if it means not being able to write as much or blog as frequent as I used to. Talk back, I'm Listening!    

No comments:

Post a Comment