Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Battle

As we approach day thirty in my wife's struggle to over come the withdrawal symptoms of her Valium dependency it has been tough on both of us. For those that never had to help a person come off something they have been on for eleven years, it is tough on those around her to understand her mood swings, frustrations and anger. She is mad at herself for ever getting on the drug and mad at the Doctor's for prescribing it to her in the first place. Being a diabetic, the stress level tends to drive my sugar out of control during her most frustrating times. During those times, I help her around the house since she also has chronic vertigo and is hypoglycemic along with that. Her blood sugar tends to drop unexpectedly making her vertigo worse where I just about have to carry her. I don't mind doing all this for her because I love her and know she would do the same for me if I needed it. She has always been there for me and I'm there for her. She is determined to get her life back to what it used to be before the drug ruled her life. I worry she will never be like she was before, all full of energy and doing things constantly. In her battles with the three problems she has, she has sat around reading constantly or watching TV, that has robbed her of her muscle tone and she is very weak. But things will get better, I know it as she struggles to make herself do things. With my help she is walking around the yard several times trying to get her strength back.
On the flip side, like this blog I used to write three times a week, it has dropped to once a week. My writing has slowed down considerably. I still try to find time to do a little blogging and promoting my books. This month I have dropped the price of my ebook of "A Stranger Comes Crawling" down to .99 on Amazon and Smashwords along with Nook and other places. To help promote my paperback, I have reduced the price and offered a ten percent discount on Createspace using this code. 56Y278VV. Offer on ebooks ends September 1, 2013. My paperback will run until September 15,2013. I posted a link to the paperback http://www.createspace.com/view/4057632 for any of my other books. Check out my author page at http://www.amazon.com/author/agmoye

No comments:

Post a Comment