Monday, April 14, 2014

author interview of A.G. Moye reposted

Featured Author Interview
I would like to thank A. G, for doing this interview. If you have any questions for him please leave a comment below.

Where were you born? If not from Arkansas, what brought you here?
I was born in Arkansas and lived here until age fifteen. Lived thirty-three years in Los Angeles before moving to North Carolina for seven years came back home to Arkansas just before retiring.

When did you start writing and what inspired you to start?
I wrote off and on with pen and paper for years before becoming serious about it. Purchased a computer in 1987, that was when I really started writing as a stress reliever.
I go for walks daily and used to make up songs but never wrote them down. One day I started thinking about writing a book I had in my head. Being in California during the riots, I wondered how people would react if a real disaster hit LA and turned it upside down. That was what inspired me to start writing my Lightning in the Tunnel series.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
When my wife prodded me to try and publish some of my work after reading some of my stories. She pushed and in 2010 I started publishing. I still didn’t consider myself a writer until after my fifth book was published and everyone that read it, thought it was great. “Terror Reigns” was the book.


Do you see writing as a career?
It has become a second career for me after I retired from active daily grind. I am loving it, stories keep popping in my head and I write them.

What inspired you to write your first book?
My first book was actually a series brought on by my desire to foresee what would happen if a nuclear bomb hit the crazy city of Los Angeles. It has since been removed from the market due to too much explicit sex scenes in it. It has been rewritten under another title.


Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
When my wife prodded me to publish, I had no idea about how to go about it. New to the internet, I saw an add to publish my book. I tried contacting agents and other publishers but since I didn’t know how to go about it. I decided to go with Xliberis and pay to have it publish.  My book was so long, they said it had to be broken up for them to publish it. Now I had three books in the series written so it became six. I couldn’t afford to pay for all six to be published. When my first book arrived, I was so proud but then when I sold them to friends and family. All they would talk about was the sex scenes. I don’t think any of them recalled what the story was about. (Hence the removal from publication) I then submitted my second book to PublishAmerica. They accepted it and I thought they were a traditional publisher but learned the hard way. PublishAmerica then published my next five books of the series. That was when I found out the truth of them.  In the meantime, I had joined several groups on LinkedIn and from them l learned all about publication of a book.  

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
So far I have sixteen books published with two more at the editors. I am currently working on two more that I plan to finish this year and publish.
My favorite is a tie between Terror Reigns and Chronicles of the Marauder.

Talk about your most recent book.
Sasha: A beam of Light is my most recent published book. A story about Sasha, cast out of her body and banished from her home world by Sorceress as punishment for her role in an attempt by her boyfriend to kill the Emperor.  Her spirit finds itself in a tiny sailboat piloted by a little green devil looking creature, (We`nuk). He tells her he is her guide for eternity. Sasha soon learns she can assume the body of any freshly killed creature and repair the damage bringing it back to life. So, Sasha whenever the tiny sail craft passes planet that has life forms on it, she takes their place and lives several different lives including a giant spider, a vampire, a medieval Knight and a witch.

How did you come up with the title?
The title popped in my head followed by the story or stories once the basic concept started to unfold.


How is this title published? (Self-Published or through a publisher)
Self-Published

What drove your decision to publish this way?
I am of the age where I don’t want to wait two or three years for a book to be published having so many rolling around in my head. Right now, there is another book nagging at me but I don’t know what it is or about yet. It just hangs there.

Is there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp?
That there is good and bad in everyone, they must make the right choices and not allow anyone to influence them into taking the wrong path as Sasha does when she becomes the Medieval Knight, Karwin.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
No, it in not based upon anyone I know or life experiences except the part of letting someone else influence you down the wrong bath like many bigots in the world do.
 
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Showing how Sasha allowed the Karwin part of her body to take over doing things she herself would never do and treat women the way Karwin did.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
That is hard to show conflict within a mind over control of the actions and thoughts of the mind.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Not really, I would add more adventures maybe but wanted to keep it a novella instead of a full blown novel like I normally write.


Do you have a new book coming out soon? (within the next year- exact date if you have it)
Lightning Rages should be published some time in July, 2014 (In editing right now). Followed by Jody’s Dilemma in September, October time frame. 

What is your favorite social media outlet for marketing/promotions?
Twitter, GoodReads and my two blogs.

Read part two of our interview with A. G. Moye tomorrow.

Sasha





Read more about A. G.’s book, Sasha a beam of light
Wednesday in our Book Spotlight
And Purchase through












A G Moye





And Connect With A G  On:
Tumblr  | YouTube  |  Website | Blog | Marscocial | Amazon
- See more at: http://arkansasauthors.com/author-interview-g-moye/#sthash.AznRa9Xt.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment