Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Part two of my interview on Arkansas Authors

This is part two of our interview with A G Moye. You can read part one here.

Describe  your writing space. What do you like? What would you change?
My computer sits facing a window allowing me to look out when I need to let my mind wander to recall what a scene is in my head and get it right. My wife might relocate me but it is not my choice, I like it where it is.
workarea

Who are some of the authors you particularly admire or who’ve had some influence on your own writing?
Robert Heinlein, F.M. Busby, Arthur C. Clarke, L. Ron Hubbard, Isaac Asimov and Jean Auel come to mind. I don’t think I copy any of their styles but they could have some influence on my writing.

What is the best advice you could give an aspiring author?
Write what you feel and before you publish that first book make sure you have a good editor to go through it before publishing. Do not depend on a publisher’s in house editing to get it right. Afterwards, get it published don’t hold back thinking you will do it tomorrow because it may never come.


What is the best advice you’ve received from other authors or anyone else?
Write in the style you are most comfortable in. Don’t try to copy another author’s style because it won’t work for you. Also edited before publishing.

List your favorite quotation or words you live by.
Life is full of twists and turns, taking shortcuts is usually the longest path-A.G.Moye

Thinking outside the box, if you could do/be/accomplish anything in the world, what would it be?
Writing a best seller that becomes a classic in years to come. Secondly, to see one of my books made into a movie.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Tie-Robert Heinlein, he tells a good story and the way it flows is just great drawing you in and basically having a happy ending of sorts.
Jean Auel, her books are so descriptive that you feel you are right along side the characters in her Mother Earth series. I just hope I can draw my readers in as well as she does.

What book are you reading now?
Just finished “Troubles” by Ian Miller and did a review on it.

What is your favorite book by another author?
Tunnel in the sky by Robert Heinlien

What books have most influenced your life (other than the Bible if that is your first thought)?
That is a hard question to answer, I read a lot and couldn’t begin to list them. When I am not writing my own stories, I am usually reading.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Vic Boquard, Ian Miller and Wendy Owens

What author support groups/activities do you participate in?
GoodReads, LinkedIn, Author’s Den, LiteraryThing, Cultural Club, Shelfari, Rebel Mouse, and M.A.R.Social. With my own group on Marsocial called “Lightning Chronicles”

Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
Marsocial members have supported more than any other group.  Arkansas Authors have increased their support of me along with Rebel Mouse.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
My books are for entertainment purposes mainly but most can gleam a little about life from each book. Even the violent ones like my Lightning In the Tunnel Series has a message about life. Overcoming what knocks you down.


Sasha




Read more about A. G.’s book, Sasha a beam of light
Tomorrow in our Book Spotlight
And Purchase through








A G Moye
And Connect With A G On:
- See more at: http://arkansasauthors.com/author-interview-g-moye-2/#sthash.46AQJ22u.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment