Monday, April 7, 2014

Writing slowdown?...not really

Most readers are accustom to me cranking out a book every other month for the past three years but I have slowed down publishing them creating a backlog of books to be edited. I know now that good editing takes a long period of time but my writing continues at the same pace. So the backlog grows while the number published does not. Most authors concentrate on one book at a time but I have this habit of working on two or more at the same time meaning both are finished about the same time. To be truthful, I find doing this keeps the creative juices flowing and the stories come together quickly. There are some that I start but never go back to for long periods of time such as "Planet of the Midnight Mist". I don't know why I have abandoned this story told from an alien's point of view but I haven't touched it since writing the first chapter. The same to the sequel to "A Stranger Comes Crawling", I wrote the first part but never revisited it. Instead, I have worked on "Jody's Dilemma" and "Saddle Spur". Do you have a manuscript that you started but then went off to write something else? 

Talk back, I'm listening!  

No comments:

Post a Comment