Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The opinionatedman-my review of his blog

DSC_0057 The opinionatedman, who's real name is Jason Cushman and his blog HarshReality caught my interest seeing his constant blogging after I started to follow his blog. I think I have been following him just over a year. Most of the time I never read his complete blog, just his headlines. That is enough for me to draw a picture of him by the comments he makes and the responses to his posts. Jason is like a great chef, he likes to mix up just the right ingredients to give it a flavor, only he uses words to cook with. He likes to say things that brings the pot to a boil and just before it boils over, he turns down the heat and let's it simmer. Of course there are times that his words boil over and people get upset. Other times, just when you think it is going to simmer, he turns up the heat to get the words boiling again. In other words, he is like the rail road engineer on a steam locomotive that has to blow the whistle to let off a little steam. He does host other bloggers, especially authors and give them a chance to promote their products to his followers.  He also helps out others with information to improve their blogging, a sort of how to help. After all, he is an excellent blogger. He gets everyone's attention, good or bad. That's what bloggers do and he does it well. Looking at his blog site, I saw he has made it easy for someone to view one of his past blogs. In the left column is his bio followed by blogging articles, including power blogging and the list goes on with guest blogger posts. In the center is most recent blog or the blog I happened to see when I Google his name. On the right side is his links to follow him and his most popular blogs list. Over all, it is not cluttered and since he is not selling anything, he has no place to buy something. His stated goal is: 

My goal with this blog is to offend everyone in the world at least once with my words… so no one has a reason to have a heightened sense of themselves. We are all ignorant, we are all found wanting, we are all bad people sometimes.

 I found he has reached his goal and strives to expand his list of those he offended in some manner. Like him or hate him, he does get your attention. I found a lot of those that un-follow him come back later just to see what he is saying now, or who he is battling with. 

Just so you know, Jason had nothing to do with this wording or blog, I was going to post something on his blog as a guest but decided not to at this time. 

Talk back, I'm listening and you can follow this blog. My next blog will be on Friday part of the Spotlight of the Shadow tour. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment